The Monashee Arts Council (MAC) is looking for artists twenty five and under who love the arts and would like to showcase their work!
So if you or someone you know enjoys creating works of art? Be it drawing, painting, photography, sculpting, pottery, beading, wood carving, sewing or weaving, the Monashee Arts Council wants to know!
The Monashee Arts Council members hope this show will encourage our talented local youth to get involved and go public with their work. There will be a people’s choice prize and an opportunity to sell your work.
Do you love the arts? Do you want to see culture thrive in our rural and village community? The Monashee Arts Council is looking for someone to take up the role of part time coordinator
The position is 16 hours per week
Applicant should be able to self-direct but also work cooperatively with a volunteer board and other volunteers.
Speaking and writing skills are essential.
- researching funding sources for new and ongoing arts and culture activities; preparing grant applications in conjunction with the board
- maintaining correspondence, mailing and membership lists; maintaining records; bank deposits
- working cooperatively with the Village Gallery subcommittee of the Monashee Arts Council
- maintaining a regular Monashee Arts Council presence in print and social media including website; writing articles, proofreading articles; competency with social media, and word processing essential
- assembling a monthly newsletter to members;
- assisting the board in the preparation of an annual budget to support the implementation of the Arts and Culture Master Plan Goals;
- assisting the board in developing and supporting arts and cultural programming for youth and adult members of the community.
The position starts August 26th.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday August 25 noon. Applications can be dropped off at the Village Gallery between 10 and 4pm Mon to Saturday. or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be required
What an exceptional evening! Our AGM & 20th Anniversary Celebration was a huge success and we’d like to thank everyone who came out to reminisce and dream about the future of MAC. We have some new faces who have joined our board of directors as well as some familiar faces who will be continuing with us to keep moving forward in creative and dynamic ways.
We just revamped the website. It is now more mobile friendly! Stay tuned for more additions in the near future…