Do you love the arts? Do you want to see culture thrive in our rural and village community? The Monashee Arts Council is looking for someone to take up the role of part time coordinator
The position is 16 hours per week
Applicant should be able to self-direct but also work cooperatively with a volunteer board and other volunteers.
Speaking and writing skills are essential.
- researching funding sources for new and ongoing arts and culture activities; preparing grant applications in conjunction with the board
- maintaining correspondence, mailing and membership lists; maintaining records; bank deposits
- working cooperatively with the Village Gallery subcommittee of the Monashee Arts Council
- maintaining a regular Monashee Arts Council presence in print and social media including website; writing articles, proofreading articles; competency with social media, and word processing essential
- assembling a monthly newsletter to members;
- assisting the board in the preparation of an annual budget to support the implementation of the Arts and Culture Master Plan Goals;
- assisting the board in developing and supporting arts and cultural programming for youth and adult members of the community.
The position starts August 26th.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday August 25 noon. Applications can be dropped off at the Village Gallery between 10 and 4pm Mon to Saturday. or by email to email@example.com
References will be required