Guidelines for Grants
to Local Arts and Culture Organizations
MAC Statement of Guiding Principles
1. Part of the MAC mandate is to support local Arts and Heritage organizations. We allocate a portion of the funding we receive from the White Valley Parks, Recreation, and Culture Committee to provide project grants for this purpose.
2. Guiding Principles – MAC will award grants that will:
- Contribute to the development of Arts and Heritage in our community
- Engage community members as leaders, creative participants, and audience
- Promote the development of community organizational capacity to deliver Arts and Heritage works and programming and strengthen the organization in carrying out its mission
Eligibility – grant recipients must be non-profit organizations, based in the Monashee, whose primary purpose of the project is to foster the delivery of arts, cultural, or heritage programs and activities.
Proposed projects should include:
- A description of the project – including purpose, target audience, timeline, and intended outcomes
- A financial plan and/or budget
- A final report within 60 days of project completion
Maximum grant – individual grants are limited to 50% of the total annual grant budget of the Monashee Arts Council. Total grant budget for 2017 is $5,000.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2017
- Clear statement of Goal
- Potential impact on the growth of arts and culture in our region and on the development of individual artists.
- A plan to measure the success of the activity or program.
For more information, contact us: telephone 778-473-3029
By email: email@example.com or visit our office at 1975 Vernon St. Lumby, BC